Completely erasing a hard drive isn’t as easy as just asking your computer to delete a file or reformat the drive. To safely sanitize your drive, you need to write over it completely. If you don’t, there are numerous ways someone could easily recover sensitive data on your hard drive that you thought was safely erased.
The CRU® WiebeTech® Drive eRazer™ Ultra doesn’t need a computer to operate. It’s a stand-alone device that will completely and quickly clean your drive. Just connect the drive to the Drive eRazer Ultra and it will sanitize the drive faster than using software, and without tying up your computer.
The Drive eRazer Ultra leaves the drive ready for re-use, and comes with a dozen different preset erase procedures, including US Department of Defense graded methods for data wiping.
- Simple setup and operation with LCD and menu buttons
- USB port for drive previewing and deletion confirmation
- Serial label printer connector
- Rugged aluminum construction
- 3-year warranty
- Free US-based customer support
Product Name: Drive eRazer Ultra
(1) USB 2.0: up to 480 Mbps
(1) DB9 serial connector
Drive Types Supported
- PATA/IDE 2.5″ drives (with PATA Adapter 25)
- PATA/IDE 3.5
- Hitachi 1.8″ drives (with PATA Adapter 18-HIT-ZIF)
- Toshiba 1.8″ drives (with PATA Adapter 18-TOSH)
- MacBook Air 2010 (with SATA Adapter MBA2010)
- MSATA (with SATA Adapter mSATA)
- PCIe PATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- PCIe SATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- PCIe USB (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
Supports S.M.A.R.T. disk info: Yes
Number of LEDs: 5
Description of LEDs: Drive access, HPA/DCO detected, error, power input status, power output status
LCD Screen: Two-line backlit LCD controlled with four soft-touch menu navigation buttons
LCD Info: 2 lines x 16 characters width
LCD Backlight: Yes
Navigation Menu: LCD/button driven menu system
Printer Ports: 1
Printer info: (1) DB9 serial connector
Detects/reports HPA/DCO: Yes
Allows HPA/DCO override: Yes, user-configurable options
Construction material: Rugged aluminum construction
Power Switch: 2 position: On / Off
Dimensions: 2.95″ x 4.33″ x 1.06″ (75mm x 110mm x 27mm)
Weight: 0.40 lbs. (0.18 kg)
Erase modes: Quick Erase, Custom Erase, Random Erase, Secure Erase Normal, Secure Erase Enhanced, DoD Clear, DoD Sanitize, NIST800-88 Clear, NIST800-88 Purge, CSEC ITSG-06, HMG IS5, DSD ISM 6.2.92
Compliancy: FCC, CE, RoHS, C-Tick, RCM
Warranty: CRU provides a 3-year limited warranty for this product.
Technical Support: Your investment in CRU products is backed up by our free technical support for the lifetime of the product.